"There are men, in all ages, who mean to exercise power usefully; but who mean to exercise it. They mean to govern well; but they mean to govern. They promise to be kind masters; but they mean to be masters." Daniel Webster

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Jefferson's

Much like a cornhole contest, I'd never even heard of Jefferson's until recently. But it's apparently a regional chain, and a franchise opened in Summerville. So I tried it for lunch today. I got the barebecue platter. It's supposed to come with coleslaw, but somehow they were out of coleslaw by 11:30. I got baked beans and fries instead. The barbecue was good for a chain joint. The beans were excellent , and the fries were too salty. Portions were decent, as were the prices. The service was excellent. I'll probably try it again.

1 comment:

Jimmy Espy said...

They had some complaints about that slaw early on and my guess is they were revising the way they make or ship it. I went in Tuesday and had 18 oysters for $9 and they were tasty, big ones too. The menu there has some variety and we definitely need that downtown.