"There are men, in all ages, who mean to exercise power usefully; but who mean to exercise it. They mean to govern well; but they mean to govern. They promise to be kind masters; but they mean to be masters." Daniel Webster

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Dangerous Book

Henry Hazlitt's "Economics in One Lesson" is now online. It lays out the essentials of classical economics is brilliantly simple English. That's why Brad DeLong, who is an ethics-free partisan hack, called it a dangerous book.

2 comments:

Jimmy Espy said...

I used to give that book as a gift.I don't know if anyone appreciated it, but they should have.

ron said...

Actually, I'm using chapters of the book along with an audio version as part of TOEFL review (or, as I like to call it, libertarian indoctrination) for my Japanese biz students preparing to go to the US for MBA study. Just happy to spread the love.