"There are men, in all ages, who mean to exercise power usefully; but who mean to exercise it. They mean to govern well; but they mean to govern. They promise to be kind masters; but they mean to be masters." Daniel Webster

Monday, February 9, 2009

I Struck a Theo-Con Nerve

I'm still not sure why they don't want the guy who played Maj. Winchester on M*A*SH to serve in the Justice Deparment. Now, Frank Burns I could understand.

Here's something a little more temperate from Orin Kerr over at the Volokh Conspiracy.

UPDATE: I see Radley Balko has also discovered these friends of invectiveliberty. Careful, Radley, they'll probably accuse you of putting flouride in their water.

The Republican Liberty Caucus calls itself the "conscience of the GOP."

2 comments:

ron said...

Yes, "Charles"... if that's your "real" name: what's next? Are you going to be defending "the rapists?" Or "therapists" even?

Charles said...

Yeah, I found it amusing that a guy or gal (could a guy really get that hysterical?) who blogs as "Puma" was upset that I use only my first name on my blog.